The LA Resume Service provides a broad range of resume and cover letter writing, job interview preparation and career coaching services to help you land the job of your dreams. Our career experts have been featured in Career Builder and the New York Post.
Set up a free consultation today by calling 800-212-2670 or submitting your name and contact info on our form.
Resume and Cover Letter Writing
At the LA Resume Service, we have the highest standards in writing compelling resumes and cover letters that help our clients land jobs. Your resume will be created from scratch by one of our professional resume writters. We will help you find a better job faster.
There is a science to resume and we are professionals. An average hiring manager spends only 1 minute reading a resume (no joke). Therefore, your resume needs to be concise and easy to read. We have rules for our resumes in order to ensure quality.
Our resume rules include:
- Only creating 1 page resumes
- Using Times New Roman or Calibri font because it has been shown in scientific studies to be the most legible font for most people
- Utilizing 11 or 12 point font
- Studies have shown most hiring managers don’t read paragraphs but they do read bullet points. Hence, our resume writers use incorporate bullet points instead of paragraphs.
- Your position, the name of the company, and job description is more important than your exact dates of employment. Subsequently, our resumes concentrate on the former by having them on the left of the resume, in bullets, bolded, or italicized for emphasis.
- We split our resumes into sections separated by lines to ensure that the hiring manager can easily identify important information.
- All final drafts of resumes are reviewed by two career experts before being sent out for quality control purposes.
- We don’t include more than four jobs or seven years of employment history on a resume (it makes the client look like he or she jumps from one job to another) unless it is absolutely essential.
- Exclude high school from your resume unless you are under 20 years old and have not attended college
This is the most difficult job market in recent history and our clients expect us to provide them with competitive edge with a compelling resume.
We can help you succeed in your job search and get the job of your dreams. Call 800-212-2670 to set up a free consultation today!
Our Resume Form
Please complete our online resume form.
Professional Thank You Letters
Don’t forget to send a thank you note shortly after your interview! It REALLY can make the difference over who gets a job offer.Thank you notes are a critical and often missed part of the job application process. It’s important to express your continuing interest in a position and show the hiring manager that you are the best candidate for the job after an interview. A well-written, personalized thank you note can differentiate you from the other candidates, because it reiterates your qualifications and interest at the time that the busy and confused hiring manager is making the final hiring decision.
The LA Resume Service writes professional thank you notes that will help improve your chances of getting a job.
Your resume writer will contact you to ask a few questions about your interview experience before sending you the final thank you note. Remember to act quickly!
Please send us:
- Your Resume and Cover Letter
- The Job Description for the job you interviewed for
Don’t wait until the hiring manager has settled on ANOTHER candidate before sending a thank you note after you interview. Call 800-212-2670 to set up a free consultation today!
Job Interview Coaching
How Job Interview Coaching Works
Our Job Interview Coaching service is designed to help you excel in your job interview and distinguish yourself from the other candidates. Our career coaches will instruct you on how to:
- Prepare for a job interview
- Answer difficult questions
- Prove that you have the skills, qualifications and credentials required for the postion
- Overcome nervousness and social anxiety
- Dress correctly for the interview
- Address weaknesses in your background
- And Much More!
Our suggestions will be custom-made for you, your strengths and weaknesses, and the positions you are interviewing for.
Before to your job interview coaching session, please:
Send us your resume, cover letter and copy of the description for the job you are applying for. Your career coach can review these documents and help you set up a better interview strategy.
Think about your answers to the most common interview questions. Your career coach will ask you the answers to the following very common job interview questions.
- Tell me about yourself. [Hint: Prepare a 120-180 second personal sales pitch]
- Why did you leave your last job? Why are you leaving your current job?
- Why are you interested in this position or company?
- What are your strengths?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- What are your weaknesses?
- How do you deal with conflict when you encounter it?
- Do you have any questions? [Hint: Have at least five well-researched, thoughtful questions prepared for the interviewer.]
Also, try to think about what you will write in your thank you note.
You can also raise any questions and concerns about the job hiring process with your career coach.
After setting up an appointment, please read our Job Interview Guide for additional suggestions on how to prepare for an interview and how to answer interview questions successfully. This succinct but comprehensive guide is one of the best resources on the internet for on job interview training.
We can help you succeed in your job search. Call 1-800-212-2670 to set up a free consultation today!
Resume Workshops and Career Development Seminars
The career coaches of the LA Resume Service give fully interactive Resume Workshops and Career Development Seminars to organizations and large groups in southern California. Past workshops have been given to Americorps volunteers, corporate internship programs, Los Angeles-area professional organizations, and student associations at USC, UCLA and PCC.A Resume Workshop or Career Development Seminar typically covers the following subjects:
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Appropriate job interview etiquette and attire
- How to answer to common job interview questions
- How to market your skills and background most effectively in the job market
The workshop includes a presentation and interactive workshop exercises designed to help participants develop career skills including resume and cover letter writing, and job interview skills. The length, organization and activities included in the seminar can be adjusted to meet the needs of your organization. Past workshops have ranged in size from 20 participants to 200 participants and length from 30 minutes to 3 hours.
Participants in our Resume Workshop and Career Development Seminars should bring their resumes, cover letters and any questions they may have about the job application process. Participation by audience members is encouraged and prizes will be given to audience members who answer questions successfully.
We can provide references from past participants in our Resume Workshop and Career Development to show how successful our workshops have been in the past.
Resume Workshop and Career Development Seminars are usually billed at hourly rates including transportation time to a location. Please call 800-212-2670 to schedule a resume workshop for your organization.